Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fat Kid Mecca: Mitchell's Ice Cream

I love Mitchell's Ice Cream.  No, seriously.  I love this place.  So much that I am planning on naming one of my children Mitchell.  It helps that its a family name- I can at least pretend like this is my reason.  It will be served at my wedding and my funeral.

For those who haven't had the honor of trying this place, here's the low down.  It's claim to fame is its original tropical flavors.  These flavors include Ube (Purple Yam), Avocado, Green Tea, Mango and others.  Sounds strange, but I promise you, it works.  They also have a stellar traditional flavor menu.  Some of my favorites are Kahlua Mocha Cream, Peanut Butter Indulgence, Thin Mint, Grasshopper Pie and Espresso Toffee.  You really can't go wrong with any flavor at this place though.  They have a set of seasonal flavors as well.  During the summer months, they have Peach and Cantaloupe.  Around the Winter Holidays, Eggnog and Pumpkin are pretty solid.

In addition to the variety of flavors, Mitchell's also has tons of options for customizing your ice cream.  Cup, regular cone, sugar cone, waffle cone and waffle bowl.  Ice cream cookie sandwiches.  Milkshakes.  Sundaes.  Chocolate dip.  Chocolate dip with sprinkles.  Tons of toppings.  All pretty reasonably priced.  I always go with waffle cone and chocolate dip.


Jay rocked the Ube on a waffle cone.  The tip broke, so she accessorized her ice cream.

Ube was a big hit this visit.  


Not sure what flavor Suzan got, but she was keeping a watchful eye on Chou.  You can never be too careful when it comes to Mitchell's.

No comments:

Post a Comment